An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Executive Assistant/Office Manager to join a forward-thinking, friendly and growing company in Manchester city centre on a permanent basis. This is a varied and all encompassing role which includes EA, office management, HR and general administrative duties.
Candidates will have previous experience in a similar role and have a positive, friendly and personable attitude. Due to the nature of the role, the right candidate will be a team player, with good communication skills and be someone for whom no job is too big or too small.
Duties will include:
- Complex diary management to Directors
- Scheduling & organising meetings and appointments, often controlling access to the Directors
- Creating meeting agendas and taking minutes for Exec and senior Management team meetings as appropriate
- Communicating with Board Members, scheduling Board Meetings, and arranging meeting agendas
- Liaising with clients & business guests
- Organising complex travel arrangements & itineraries for both business & private trips
- Organising events, conferences & entertainment for guests including catering
- Organising and arranging company events, including catering: monthly “Space Bar”, quarterly “The Gatherings”, Christmas Party, assist in arrangements for conferences in conjunction with the marketing manager.
- Maintenance or company vehicles
- Reminding the directors of important tasks, deadlines and events both at work and at home.
- Collating, filing, recording & managing expenses
- Running professional and personal errands
- Monitoring, sourcing, and ordering stationery and other office equipment
- Point of contact for facilities management and maintenance
- Developing, implementing, and monitoring administration, stock control and record management systems.
- Maintenance of passwords, directories for internal telephone, mobile numbers, equipment, and asset registers
- Undertaking general administrative/clerical tasks; relevant to the role; comprising filing, archiving, photocopying, shredding, drafting, formatting, and printing relevant documents
- Managing postal correspondence and distributing mail accordingly including arranging couriers for UK & international deliveries
- Support all internal HR related inquiries or requests - low level, in accordance with external HR company
- Creating and updating records ensuring accuracy and validity of information
- Oversee the completion of company benefit documentation
- Organise and oversee the completion of DBS’ for relevant staff members
- Ensuring staff driving details are up to date and compliant with company expectations
- Preparing and conducting New Starter Inductions
- Maintaining digital & electronic records of employees
- Assisting with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, performing reference checks and issuing job offers & employment contracts
- Providing payroll information to the Finance Department
- Assisting with the organising of international staff visa requirements
- Provide administrative support for probationary periods
- Acting as first point of contact for all visitors & clients, meeting and greeting on arrival and directing to the relevant place
- Monitoring the company signing in register to comply with building health & safety regulations
- Acting as the first point of contact; dealing with correspondence, phone calls & face to face among team, clients and other external partners
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
- Prior EA/office management experience
- Strong attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to work without supervision
- People person
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite
- Flexible and adaptable
- Strong prioritisation and organisation Skills
- Ability to Handle Confidential Information
- Ability to Multitask
- Experience of international travel beneficial
Hours will be 9am-5:30pm with flexibility required from time to time. There will be the ability to work from home in this role at least some of the week.
Salary up to £35,000 per annum depending on experience, plus benefits.
This is a fantastic role working for a innovative and reputable company.
Lily Shippen are experts in recruiting top business support talent, including PAs, EAs, Receptionists, Private PAs and Office Managers, on a temporary, permanent and fixed-term contract basis. We work with clients across the UK from our offices in London and Manchester, as well as servicing international and remote roles.