A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Head of Customer Service to join a reputable and friendly organisation with national offices on a permanent basis. This role will be based out of their Skelmersdale office and will be a full-time office based role.
This position would suit someone who has senior experience leading a customer services department B2B and/or B2C as well as customer services governance experience.
The successful candidate with have strategic and operational responsibility for the development, continuous improvement and delivery of group-wide customer service. Leading a team that will typically deliver customer interactions across multiple channels (front & Back office, telephone, email, online, live chat, social media and correspondence) whilst ensuring & identifying all culture, process, performance & efficiency improvements for the customer. Meeting & delivering on all SLA’s & KPI’s set within Customer Services.
Duties will include:
- Overall responsibility for the development, performance & maintenance of the customer service activities of the organisation & targets as set
- Achieve maximum profitability and growth in accordance with organisation plans
- Continually drive better sales through better service & setting clear accountable performance measures
- Direct, manage & monitor the overall performance & activities of the customer services team, to include reducing the cost to serve
- Interact and co-operate with all members of the organisation, its suppliers and clients/customers ensuring effective liaison, support & assistance by customer services
- Utilise CRM system to manage the functions of receiving, assessing, analysing, resolving & documenting customers’ issues & complaints in accordance with agreed requirements
- Use customer insight & root cause analytics to identify improvements, & present these regularly to the Divisional Director
- Maintain & improve mechanisms for surveying & measuring internal & external customer satisfaction & customer management & disseminate feedback to the appropriate internal entities, whilst maintaining accurate customer service records
- Support all other departments with customer service & related issues
- Direct recruitment, training, set action and targets, appraise & manage performance, development, coaching & general support of all team members to ensure targets are met to include developing plans for team activities to include strategy to achieve agreed targets
- Reporting on a monthly basis or as otherwise required
- Accountable for ensuring full regulatory & legal compliance & identification of any potential issues
- Delegate authority & responsibility to team with supervision, accountability & review
- Set an example for team members of commitment, customer service knowledge, work ethics & habits & personal character, driving quality & consistency
- Extensive senior experience of leading a customer services department B2B & B2C
- Extensive experience of customer services governance
- Strong strategic & customer focus & clear understanding of impacts on relevant markets
- Thorough understanding of customer service management obligations, requirements & dynamics
- Proven & established record of exceeding targets, KPI’s & SLAs in a quality lead environment
- Strong customer systems/software knowledge & experience
- Taking personal responsibility to deliver results, demonstrating resilience and drive
- Excellent customer focus
- Highly organised
- Relationship development and working with others to deliver results
This is a varied and all-encompassing role working for an established and respected organisation.
The role will involve occasional travel to the other offices nationally.
Salary is up to £60,000 per annum (depending on experience).
Lily Shippen are experts in recruiting top business support and Human Resources talent, including PAs, EAs, Receptionists, Private PAs and Office Managers as well as Generalists, L&D, Recruitment (Experienced and Graduate) and HR Operations, on a temporary, permanent and fixed-term contract basis. We work with clients across the UK from our offices in London and Manchester, as well as servicing international and remote roles.