An exciting opportunity has arisen for a HR assistant to join an established law firm based in Manchester city centre. This is a newly created role due to growth within the team and the main purpose is to provide full administrative support to the HR Generalist team, comprised of four HR managers and the HR Director.
This role requires someone who is proactive and enthusiastic, whilst also possessing a keen interest in HR.
In order to be considered Candidates must have:
- Previous experience in providing administrative HR support to a busy HR team.
- Proven Microsoft Office skills used in a previous role including MS Word and Excel.
- May have or be working towards a CIPD level of qualification.
- Experience with the HR system Cascade would be advantageous.
- "Gatekeeper" for low level day to day queries, escalate to relevant HR Manager where necessary.
- Data management of the HRIS system (Cascade) to include accurately recording absences, changes to employment contracts and processing leaver information.
- Awareness of employment law developments and keeping HR templates up to date.
- Preparing contract variations and other correspondence such as return to work, flexible working and confirmation of resignation letters.
- Managing the flow of monthly payroll data liaising with employees, HR managers and payroll. Ensuring clarity and accuracy of information.
- Running reports from Cascade and using Excel to provide information to the Generalist team or other departments.
- Calculating and recording turnover and absence information on the monthly Management Committee report.
- Organising the Generalist team by arranging exit interviews and other meetings, where necessary.
- Conducting exit interviews with business services staff.
- Processing invoices, liaising with external providers and the Finance department as necessary.
Ad hoc duties/projects
- Liaising with the Risk and Compliance team to ensure HR data management compliance.
- Supporting the HR manager on the annual salary review and bonus cycles.
- Supporting the Reward team.
- Overseeing the 3 and 6 month reviews and end of probation processes.
- Providing employment and financial references.
- Updating the weekly starters/transfers/leavers list for circulation.
- Updating the customer relationship management system (Interaction) with alumni details.
- Updating Work in Confidence with new employee details.
- Processing expenses on Chrome River.
This list of duties is not exclusive or exhaustive and may be subject to change depending on the needs of the business.
What you'll need
- A positive and proactive approach.
- Strong attention to detail with a methodical and logical approach.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to effectively handle and prioritise competing demands and work within deadlines.
- Ability to operate autonomously and with minimum supervision.
- Uses discretion and maintains confidentiality of information.
- Ability to be diplomatic and professional in challenging situations.
This is a permanent, full-time position offering a salary of up to £30,000.00 per annum, depending on experience. Staff also benefit from the firm’s hybrid working policy, office attendance is required for a minimum of 2 days per week, with the rest of the working week being flexible. The HR department provides a first-class service to the business, offering strategic HR business advice at the business partner level and quality support services in the full range of HR functions such as learning & development, resourcing, reward, employee relations, payroll, systems and HR administration. Therefore, this is a fantastic opportunity to join a busy, award-winning and supportive team!
Lily Shippen are experts in recruiting top business support and Human Resources talent, including PAs, EAs, Receptionists, Private PAs and Office Managers as well as Generalists, L&D, Recruitment (Experienced and Graduate) and HR Operations, on a temporary, permanent and fixed-term contract basis. We work with clients across the UK from our offices in London and Manchester, as well as servicing international and remote roles.