An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Personal Assistant to join an reputable international law firm on a permanent basis. This role will sit within the Employment & Pensions department and will be specifically supporting the Employment team in the Manchester office. The successful candidate may be required to attend the office two or three days a week until restrictions are lifted and the rest of the time they will work from home. As such, the successful candidate must live close to Manchester as this will be an office based role once restrictions have been lifted.
Duties will include:
- Managing diaries, keeping them up to date and reminding fee earners of meetings on a daily basis
- Booking internal/external meetings
- Organising travel arrangements
- Arranging photocopying, printing, scanning, sending out letters etc.
- Arranging for files to be opened and closed, supervising general filing requirements and record keeping
- Using effective systems to ensure that both short and long term tasks are completed within required timescales
- Supporting fee earners in marketing activities including involvement in preparation of pitches and presentations
- Taking internal and external telephone queries
- Monitoring post/emails and dealing with as appropriate
- Ensuring all client related correspondence is passed on to an appropriate fee earner if the relevant person is out of the office
- Arranging absence cover where necessary and communicating this to the relevant fee earners
- Client relationship management
- Becoming an active part in the care of clients and be wholly familiar with contacts/clients
- Entering, maintaining and updating client details and relevant information on the firm's contacts system
- Dealing with basic client queries and general administration
- Arranging client meetings
- Checking correspondence, attachments and documents etc. produced by the document production team before they are passed to the relevant fee earner, making amendments when appropriate.
- Typing urgent/short/confidential correspondence and emails
- Producing and maintaining Excel spreadsheets as required
- Assisting fee earners in ensuring their time is recorded properly and entered onto the system on a daily basis
- Assisting fee earners in the billing and credit control process
- Completing documentation for payment into and out of client account and assisting fee earners to ensure the Solicitors Accounts Rules are being complied with
- Assisting other members of the department as necessary, picking up colleagues calls and providing support whenever there is spare capacity
- Ad hoc duties as required
- Previous PA experience within a legal or professional services environment desireable
- Accurate typing of at least 60 wpm
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Excellent telephone manner
- Excellent communication, organisational and team skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Flexible and dependable, able to take the initiative
- Able to remain calm under pressure and work to tight deadlines
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others
- Have a positive approach to daily tasks
This is an excellent opportunity to join a friendly company who are well respected within their industry.
Salary will be up to £28,000 per annum (depending on experience)
Lily Shippen is a specialist Recruitment Agency that focuses on placing the best administrative, secretarial, PA, EA, reception and office support professionals into a range of sectors in Manchester, Leeds and London, on a temporary, permanent and fixed term contract basis.