An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Proofreader to join a business support client on a permanent basis.
This will be an office based role within their Normanton, West Yorkshire office.
Hours and days for this role will be 11PM to 8AM Sunday-Thursday.
The Proofreader position is responsible for reviewing legal documents for grammar and verbiage corrections.
The ideal person will need to have excellent grammar and English skills, this would suit somebody who has experience as a Proofreader or somebody who has worked in a role that demonstrates these skills.
The Proofreader is required to be self-motivated and to work as part of a team, you will have a strong grasp of editorial and grammatical principles together with strong researching skills.
This is a very interesting role with good prospects for the right person, you will be required to Proofread and Transcribe information so excellent attention to detail and listening skills are essential.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Correct spelling grammar and verbiage errors in a complex legal document
• Detect formatting and compositional errors in word, excel and PowerPoint documents
• Check corrected proofs of legal documents against mark-up for comparison and quality assurance
• Undertake a high-quality proofreading and document checking service for legal and marketing collaterals including format checks – house and non-house style including defined terms checks
• Complete sense, grammar and consistency read-throughs of standard legal documents and marketing documents including full read throughs and skim reads
• Spell check for UK/U.S standards including text review (copy edit) for non-native English speakers – documents/emails including ad hoc advice on use of language
• Checking conversions - PDF to Word, OCR, copy-typing, PowerPoint and Creative Services requests for language and format issues
• Checking TOCs and glossaries
• Checking conference and event collateral
• Edit and proofread Interview transcripts and supplementary content (invitations and summary notes), balancing tone, concision and an appropriate level of context
• Handle sensitive and or confidential documents and information
• Produce, reformat and manipulate complex Word, PowerPoint and Excel documents to an advanced level
• Produce and reformat international pitches and experience statements in line with house styles and marketing guidelines
• Support the business for internal proofreading requirements
• Check content, impose consistent styles and reword or copy-edit as required
• Manage and prioritise workload and liaise effectively with the team to ensure that the most urgent work is carried out first
• Work closely with internal stakeholders globally, including Interviewers, Compliance and Operations teams, to ensure all content is accurate and of the highest standard
• Adhere to company policy in addition to client sites policy
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Experience working within a Law Firm or similar would be advantageous
• At least 2 years’ experience in copy editing, proofreading and copywriting
• Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills, with a sound knowledge of grammar and spelling
• Educated to degree level or equivalent in English, creative writing, journalism or marketing
• An advanced understanding Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel packages
• A good working knowledge of Filesite in order to create and save work within specified matters would be advantageous
• Experience of Adobe Acrobat 5.0 upwards, or similar
• Demonstrable interest in content that covers various sectors and financial markets
• You will have been used to writing SEO-enriched copy and ensuring all articles are proofread and are ready to publish
• Strong attention to detail with emphasis on accuracy and quality
• Proven customer service skills are required in order to create maintain and enhance customer relationships
• Client service orientated approach
• A proven working understanding of teamwork
• Self-management and excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work calmly and effectively in a pressurised environment and communicate at al levels
• Accountability and professionalism
• Business and organisation awareness
• Ability to work within your team to cross-check each other’s work
• Ability to handle sensitive and or confidential documents and information
This role will be based in the office in Normanton, West Yorkshire.
Salary will be up to £25,000 per annum basic salary plus 20% shift allowance.
Lily Shippen are experts in recruiting top business support talent, including PAs, EAs, Receptionists, Private PAs and Office Managers, on a temporary, permanent and fixed-term contract basis.